Bringing Reason to the Atrocity of Abortion!
Ten Reasons Not To Abolish Abortion?
Mr. Robert Higgs has posted Ten Reasons Not To Abolish Slavery
. These are ten reasons that he has encountered in his readings of how people justified slavery in the days before it was abolished.
Ten Reasons Not to Abolish Slavery
- 1. Slavery is natural.
- 2. Slavery has always existed.
- 3. Every society on earth has slavery.
- 4. The slaves are not capable of taking care of themselves.
- 5. Without masters, the slaves will die off.
- 6. Where the common people are free, they are even worse off than slaves.
- 7. Getting rid of slavery would occasion great bloodshed and other evils.
- 8. Without slavery the former slaves would run amuck, stealing, raping, killing, and generally causing mayhem.
- 9. Trying to get rid of slavery is foolishly utopian and impractical; only a fuzzy-headed dreamer would advance such a cockamamie proposal.
- 10. Forget abolition. A far better plan is to keep the slaves sufficiently well fed, clothed, housed, and occasionally entertained and to take their minds off their exploitation by encouraging them to focus on the better life that awaits them in the hereafter. We cannot expect fairness or justice in this life, but all of us, including the slaves, can aspire to a life of ease and joy in Paradise.
Today we look back and think, in Mr. Higgs words, "these reasons seem shabby -- more rationalizations than reasons." I have paraphrased these 10 reasons below, applying them to the issue of abortion. Imagine someday how people will look back at our generation and think how "shabby" our rationalizations were!
Ten Reasons Not to Abolish Abortion
- 1. Abortion happens naturally.
- 2. Abortion has always existed.
- 3. Every society on earth has abortion.
- 4. Fetuses are not capable of surviving on their own.
- 5. Without a mother willing to make this sacrifice, the child will live a life of suffering.
- 6. Where unwanted fetuses are allowed to be born, they are often worse off than if they were dead.
- 7. Getting rid of abortion would cause women to die from illegal abortions, and other evils.
- 8. Without abortion the world's population would run amuck.
- 9. Trying to get rid of abortion is foolishly utopian and impractical; only a fuzzy-headed dreamer would advance such a cockamamie proposal.
- 10. Forget abolition. A far better plan is to allow the woman to become sufficiently well educated and situated, so that when a child is born a better life awaits it. We cannot expect fairness or justice for the present child if we allow it to live, but the child born under better circumstances can aspire to a successful life.
If you have any commments, questions, etc. send me a message